Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My New Bike


Yes I know I haven't really blogged for ages but you know what's like, I barely phone my mum so don't take it personally. Anyway I'm very excited today as the bike shop phoned to say my bike is being built and will be ready this afternoon! My old bike has definitely seen better days, none of which occured this century. Anyone who knows me will probably be glad it's finally ready if for no other reason than I might stop banging on about how wonderful it will be when I finally get it.

I'm able to fund my new bike purchase through the wonderful Cycles2Work scheme a government initiative to get people cycling more, the bottom line being you can buy a bike for about 50% of the full price - no VAT, pre tax & NI payments. This makes a significant difference especially when the full price is knocking on the door of 2 grand.

Anyway mine will be ready in just a few hours. For those interested it is basically a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp upgraded to an Expert without the Brain Fade rear shock but with Talas RLC's on the front. Pictorially it looks a bit like...


No comments:

Post a Comment